Wednesday 18 March 2015

It's nearly 2 years since I met with our MP to talk about eating disorders. The result?

On 27 March 2013 I met with my local MP Fabian Hamilton (Labour) to talk about the problems facing 18+ year olds who are still suffering from an eating disorder but, because of their age, are being discharged from CAMHS (the UK-based Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services) and either transferred to Adult Services or left to their own devices - because, as a 'legal adult', they are permitted to choose whether or not to continue treatment. So what happened?


My MP took a great interest, even promised to get an Intern he had working with him involved in researching into the issue in more depth. He promised to get back to me.

But he never did.

I heard nothing more.

Nothing.

Zilch.

No comments:

Post a Comment