Tuesday 7 May 2013

My plans for this blog while things are quiet

Things are pretty quiet here (which is a GOOD THING). But I was thinking about this blog which I've been writing for almost 29 months. I know that it's been useful to a stack of parents; indeed the things they've said about it make me blush. Being able to help other families in their fight against anorexia is one of the reasons I put my 2011 and 2012 posts into 2 printed books which I published earlier in the year. However I think I've sold a grand total of THREE!


Yes, I am disappointed, of course. Getting them into print (and one is also on Kindle) took ages to do and involved lots of tweaking and proof-reading. But, hey ho, maybe people don't buy blogs in print...

Or maybe I'll see if bring down the price makes a difference. (And, no, I don't make much money out of these!!)

So, because I know that other families have found my blog really helpful, what I might do instead, is re-post old posts, edited to bring them up to date. This way a brand new readership can read our story without having to sift through the 2011 and 2012 posts.

Thankfully my book "Please eat..." is selling relatively well.I've just dispatched a load of copies to various UK eating disorder associations and charities e.g. ABC (Anorexia & Bulimia Care), BEAT and Men Get Eating Disorders Too - free. Hopefully this will get my book in front of more people that might find it helpful, too.

And in the meantime I have just 2 family stories to finalise for my new book "When anorexia came to visit" and then I'm ready to order a printed proof.

But in the meantime, watch this blog for some old, recycled posts.

Recycling is GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment