|Feels like I was dumped here...|
Here's what his website lists as typical symptoms of someone suffering from "a chronic or complex trauma":
I tick all of the boxes!!!!!!
- Expriencing frequent disturbing dreams
- Have significantly disturbed sleep
- Be socially isolated
- Be trying to 'medicate' or support themselves in whatever way they can
- Be experiencing frequent 'reminders' of the event or people involved
- Suffering from intrusive images and thoughts, which may be reliving the actual event or may be imaginary/invented
- Be expecting 'it' to happen again at any moment
- Be suffering with other, aparently unrelated and often inexplicable symptoms, such as pain, chronic fatigue, anger, depression etc.
- May be suffering from other difficulties and conditions that must be dealt with alongside the PTSD.
Fingers crossed that, with his help, I will be able to start to get on with my life - and share with you what works.