Monday 10 July 2017

Lots of things to catch up on!

It's all been a bit quiet here recently. That's because I've been focusing on fixing the C-PTSD (Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) which I've been battling with for at least 3 years. After several therapists and therapy models, both NHS and private, I do believe it's finally been fixed (fingers crossed, famous last words and all that...) 18 sessions with Steve, my excellent private PTSD therapist (using EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), seem to have worked wonders. Of course it's early days and I'm taking things slowly as I gradually rediscover who the heck I am after all this time and where I go from here. "Gradually" being the operative word. So more on this shortly...


Today Ben starts his driving lessons, something we never did because of the eating disorder, university and so on. He also starts his PGCE Teacher Training Course in September at a local university.

As part of the application, he had to get a letter from the GP about any mental health issues. We were a bit concerned about what the GP might say as regards the eating disorder. But, hey, of course! Guess what?! Ben never did have an eating disorder! Well, not according to the GP's letter.

This is because, of course, (as can be typical with males and especially sporty males like Ben was) Ben's BMI was always too high to be 'officially' diagnosed with an eating disorder. This, despite - as you well know - raging anorexia nervosa.

So that's good to know... that my son never had an eating disorder, as such...

Hmn.


No comments:

Post a Comment