Wednesday 12 October 2011

Making an inroad into my book

Phew, I am tired! Over the past few weeks I've been collating all the written information I've kept about Ben's journey into anorexia: around 24 months of info comprising forum posts, blogs, letters, notes, lists, emails, charts, etc etc.


Then I did a Timeline and put it all into date order. Next I edited all down into a basic narrative followed by a chapter breakdown with rough notes of what may go into each chapter.

Then there's the tone of voice to think about, and the approach. What I don't want to do is to over-sensationalise or over-dramatise it in any way. Yet, on the other hand, I don't want to do the complete opposite. Nor do I want to compromise Ben in any way although he is 100 per cent behind me.

Getting the first couple of chapters underway has been tiring but cathartic - a kind of 'exorcism', if you like.

But, knowing me, I'll edit and edit and edit again before I'm even vaguely happy with the result.

It's going to take a long time to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment