Tomorrow afternoon I've arranged to meet with the Assistant Head, Head of Sixth Form and School Nurse about the problems Ben is still experiencing at school. On the agenda will be...
1. The fact he still finds it hard to stay in school for full days, except Friday which he manages to do (probably because it's the end of the week and a shorter day).
2. The fact that, because of this, he is missing key schooling in his A level year which isn't good.
3. The fact that things on the social front are going from bad to worse, already discussed at length with the School Nurse a couple of weeks ago.
4. What we can all do to attempt to salvage the situation and make the last few months of Ben's school experience a relatively happy time instead of something he 'grins and bears' until he leaves.
5. Worst-case-scenarios for if Ben fails to get the required A level grades. As he wants to go to Sheffield Uni to do History, and doesn't want to take a second best option, what is the situation regarding re-sits or even re-doing the year?
So we shall see what happens, hey...