Wednesday 9 February 2011

We're still beating the anorexia...

Thankfully, Monday's mood was a 'one off' and Ben did eat all his calories without issue, including the extra 100 per day he needs to consume now. Yesterday he was back to his normal recovering self. Ditto today (except for the insomnia which was improving slightly after his psychiatrist prescribed some Melatonin tablets, but which came back with a vengeance last night). So it will be interesting to see what his weight does on Friday when we go to our weekly CAMHS session...

Yesterday I asked him if he'd been finding it hard to eat the extra 100 calories. "No," he said, "because it's not like in the days when I'd do anything NOT to put on weight; now I know I need to and I don't mind. I don't actually like where I am now, physically, and want to put some of the weight back on."

He did find the lamb shepherd's pie a bit of a challenge (because "fatty" lamb has always been a problem for the anorexia), but he managed to eat it in a normal, relaxed way and followed it up with a custard-laden pudding.

So today he's been doing school work and I've been earning a crust, working hard at my PC. Unlike Monday, I wasn't ultra-anxious which meant it was soooo much easier to work!

I am constantly astonished at how I managed to work during Ben's decline into anorexia last winter and spring, although I had to stop over the summer because working and threats of suicide / leaving home don't go together very well...

No comments:

Post a Comment