- To keep the momentum going and avoid ‘going round in circles’
- To see sustained weight gain and marked improvement
- To ideally get Weight Restored (WR) by 31st August (23rd December latest)
- To maintain weight once WR
- To eliminate calorie counting and all ‘numbers’ by Christmas
- To maintain weight at WR for 6 months from Christmas to qualify for 2012 Uni entry (subject to being sufficiently ready for University by August 2012)
- To agree to University Transition Contract (similar to this one on the FEAST website) prior to leaving for Uni to hopefully ensure no relapses
Before I go into more detail here, it's best if we trial it for a few weeks to see how it goes. Hopefully by having a definite aim and rewards rather than something vague with vague promises of "We'll buy you X when you're better", it will have a better chance of working.
But obviously what I want to avoid is for Ben to be able to claim rewards without achieving sustained weight gain. In other words, staying pretty much where we are. So whatever reward(s) the points buy mustn't be achievable without moving significantly forward.
And hopefully with the weight gain will come additional improvements on other fronts - notably the exercising, school and social life.
Also, the plan is to review / adjust the contract whenever necessary.