Monday 11 July 2011

True soul food on the ATDT parents' forum...

I know I keep going on about how much of a lifesaver the Around The Dinner Table parents' forum has been for me over the past 18 months, but it's true. I've met so many supportive people through it, from across the globe, and made a number of very good friends here in the UK.


Last night I chatted to another UK-based mum of a 17 year old teenager with anorexia and you'd be amazed at how much common ground there was.

I can't emphasise how helpful it is to talk to other parents who are in a similar position to you. Unlike 'lay people', there's something incredibly comforting about chatting to someone that really does 'get it'.

It's a bit like living in a far-flung foreign land for years then meeting up with someone who has the same language and culture as you.

True soul food... And you can devour it at Around The Dinner Table, the absolutely fabulous forum for parents of children and teenagers with eating disorders and also its 'sister site': F.E.A.S.T which is jam-packed to the brim with goodies about helping your teenager to recover from anorexia, bulimia and other eating disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment