Plan A: Ben gets his A Levels and goes to Uni in September
- We draw up a University Contract so I can discreetly monitor how he's getting on (this is a blog post in itself, so I won't go into detail here unless this is a 'goer').
- There is the option to leave part way through, if necessary, and pick up where he left off a year later (standard practice, I believe, for universities).
Plan B: Ben gets his A Levels but defers Uni entry until 2013 to focus on full recovery
- He gets a part-time job or voluntary work to keep him occupied, maybe earn some money, get used to being out of the house and meet new people.
- To keep his brain active, and because Ben needs the intellectual stimulation of academic study, he studies online for an additional qualification in an area he's passionate about e.g. ancient history, archaeology, etc.
Plan C: Ben needs to resit some of his A Levels with a view to 2013 Uni entry
- He attends school on an occasional basis to revise and sit the exams (already agreed with the school).
- He studies online for an additional qualification (see Plan B).
In the meantime I've made a double-length appointment with our GP for next week to review his medication and see what can be done, now we no longer have CAMHS.