Sunday 22 April 2012

Weight creeping up, but what does ED think of it?

Ben is almost up to 60kg which, in my eyes, is excellent. But I'm not so sure that it is in ED's eyes, that little bit of the eating disorder that's still left inside Ben's head, desperately trying for a last ditch attempt to win Ben back to its evil ways.


Suddenly I found myself trying to 'justify' this slight weight increase. "What the heck are you doing?" I thought to myself and immediately changed my tack to: "At this stage you shouldn't be micro-managing your weight; you should have moved on from that."

A bit later Ben (or was it ED?) said: "Would you mind not doing what you did the other day, ever again?"

"Which was what?"

"Looking at my legs in that way."

"What do you mean?"

"When I came in wearing my dressing gown and you looked at my legs 'in that way' as if you were convinced I was skeletal. It's things like that which make it hard for me to trust you."

If it WAS the ED speaking, then I'd translate that as: "It's things like that which make it hard for me to believe you're not trying to make me fat."

No comments:

Post a Comment