Saturday 26 January 2013

And Batty is still tweaking away...

One day, very soon I promise, I will have a manuscript that I am one hundred per cent happy with. I know the text of Please eat... so well by now that I could recite it aloud, off by heart. But that's the problem... I am getting "too close" to it. Thankfully one of my reviewers has picked up on one or two things in the 6 chapters I've posted up on the web as a "taster". She has also kindly offered to have a read through the whole manuscript. When I eventually finish tweaking, that is...


The incredibly generous and lovely Becky Henry, author of "Just tell her to stop", is also giving my manuscript the once over and has offered to do a review.

So once I've collected all of this feedback and actioned my own changes to the manuscript I will be sending off for a final printed proof before re-checking and publishing, hopefully sometime in February.

It's worth waiting a little while to ensure it's right. Although you can do second editions, you have to use a new ISBN number. It's also a hassle.

So it's best to get it right first time.

If anyone else has picked up on anything from these first 6 chapters, please let me know!!

I am also including a longer disclaimer along the lines of:

The information provided in this book is not meant to be used, nor should it ever be used, to diagnose or treat anorexia, bulimia, EDNOS or any other eating disorder or medical condition. For diagnosis or treatment of anorexia, bulimia, EDNOS or any other eating disorder or medical problem, please consult your own physician. The publisher and authors are not responsible for any specific health needs that may require medical supervision and are not liable for any damages or negative consequences from any treatment, action, application or preparation, to any person reading or following the information in this book.


1 comment:

  1. I just started reading your blog and i think you write beautifully and it is one of the few eating disorder recovery blogs that highlights males. I'm very glad that your blog is out there- I've been to multiple treatment centers and 3 of them had males and females and I believe that the number of males with ED are totally under estimated.

    Thanks for spreading the word!!!

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete