Monday 2 May 2011

Bit of a gap since last entry

Bit of a busy week what with all the Easter bank holidays, then the Royal Wedding and bank holidays. During this time I've managed to injure my hip somehow and am in AGONY when sitting down and standing up (OK walking or climbing stairs, though...) so that's put a damper on things. Been busy with work, too, which isn't easy when you have a short week due to bank hols and are in agony. Then, over the Easter weekend, husband's grandad passed away so we're all off to London next weekend for the funeral and meanwhile the family fights over what they should have at the funeral, etc. Me, I keep well out of it. Thankfully, everything is still going fine with Ben's recovery and he's back at school after the Easter break. AND I insisted on a permanent increase in daily calories at CAMHS on Wednesday when it was found that Ben had LOST WEIGHT by almost the amount he put on last month. Thus far he has kept to this increase. But there may be a spanner in the works when we go to London at the weekend...


Unfortunately my h's family are totally disorganised when it comes to doing things which includes mealtimes - a potential disaster area for someone with anorexia. H has taken Ben to visit his parents twice since the onset of the illness and both times it's been a total disaster. They rarely have standard mealtimes as such, eating as and when they eventually get around to it and often deciding to eat out instead which resulted in some particularly stressful occasions last summer. I strongly believe there is the potential for Ben to lose more weight over this coming weekend. At least I will be there this time, armed with my calculator to check he's as close to target as possible. Not easy, though, when there are no planned meals as such and I'm really not sure how to handle that...

... especially with all the emotions and potential fighting over the funeral... I wish Ben and I could stay at home; I was really praying he'd have some exams or something that would prevent he and I going, but unfortunately not...

The next CAMHS session is on Friday, but the next time they will weigh Ben will be next Friday. I may blind weigh Ben here before we go to London and on our return just to check there's been no damage caused over the weekend. Even though Ben continues to recover in his mind, he is still at an unhealthily low weight and cannot afford to lose any more. He cannot afford for his BMI go go under 18.

I need to come up with a "Plan B" for if it becomes obvious that Ben is not eating sufficient over this weekend (3 days away from home) and I need to talk this through with him so we know exactly what we are doing. Last summer a "Plan B" of this nature wouldn't have worked as Ben would have actively resisted, but this time there is a chance it might work...

I've got a very busy week work-wise with the added stress of having to get ready to go to London and sort out "Plan B", etc not to mention the hip pain... woe... woe... woe...

No comments:

Post a Comment