Friday 28 December 2012

Why the "prequel" to my new book "Please eat..."?

Over the past 24 months I've had countless emails from parents of teenage boys (and girls) with eating disorders who have said that my blog has helped them in their own fight against anorexia, bulimia or EDNOS. It's one of the reasons why I made PDFs of my 2011 and 2012 posts. However as I was reading through the proof of my new book "Please eat..." I was suddenly inspired to publish my blog as well, in two parts initially, first 2011 and (later) 2012.


This morning the printed proof arrived in the post for me to check through for errors. It looks fantastic, it really does! And it's so much easier than trawling through my blog posts manually or - horror of horrors! - attempting to print off my massive PDFs.

At the end of the book I've included our recovery contract to help other parents who might wish to devise something similar. I've also included links to helpful websites, books and blogs about eating disorders. All in all, it's over 300 pages. And, unlike "Please eat..." it's not in 1.5 line spacing - it's single line spacing to help me get everything into 300+ pages, thus keeping the printing costs and retail price down.

Am I making a profit from these books?

A couple of pounds per book sale only which should just about cover my costs to date!

So, sorry but no, I am not going to get rich from it.

But, then, that isn't why I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment