Friday 17 June 2011

OK, so how did the talent contest and the full school day go?

Well, he managed to do it all and he had his first school lunch for ages. However he chose to sit alone and went for Mediterranean veg "oozing with oil so I left some of it", pitta bread and fruit. Hmn. "I also had a problem sitting around all day doing nothing," he said. "And my performance at the contest wasn't my best to say the least." Actually I thought it was good and Ben seemed ultra-relaxed, but then he always does when he's up on stage singing.


My heart sank when the teacher said there were 17 acts to get through. "Looks like we're going to be here for a while..." I said to my mum who I'd brought with me and we watched a mixed bag of performers before finally getting to Ben.

Unlike last year, quite a few of his friends were there and he got loads of applause, etc.

But I could tell something was up and he was very quiet by we got home. He took himself off to bed at 9 o'clock in a bit of a low mood...

No comments:

Post a Comment