Monday 6 June 2011

Okay, I'm getting too bogged down with "numbers"...

I'm getting too bogged down with numbers and have already received a friendly "ticking off" from one of my dear friends on the ATDT Forum (who I can always rely on to "call a spade a spade" as we say up North; in fact I might just award her Honorary Northerner Status!) What I should be looking at primarily are the massive changes and improvements in Ben and the fact that his behaviours and thinking have literally transformed over the past year.


Yes, we need to keep an eye on weight; but Ben's other recovery signs are just as important. So, like CAMHS, I might put weight on a back-burner for a while. And, like CAMHS, be vigilant that he doesn't drop below what is now the mutually-agreed minimum weight for Ben. It's time to talk about other things with Ben rather than weight stuff. Even the real, genuine non-ED part of Ben told me off for being too "obsessed" with numbers! Point taken... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment